Followers
Saturday, April 21, 2012
This week's assignment of watching the interviews of
other administrators and how they use research in their districts was very motivating
to me. I enjoyed listening to them and I
believe that what they said will have a lasting impression on me and my future
as an administrator. I am also reading both
of their dissertations and have taken a lot of notes to share with my
administrator for ideas to use at our school. One idea from Dr. Briseno’s
dissertation was from a principal that uses the tutors at their school for the
on-level students and then the teacher teaches the struggling students. In Dr. Lewis’s dissertation, I related to one point
specifically he was making about instruction delivery because we have been
implementing engagement strategies this year in our school. After reading his
work and reading what he wrote from authors Brown and Osterman, I think
elementary teachers do a good job in engaging their students, but what I see in
my own children’s lives is that their middle school and high school teachers do
not try to keep them engaged or make their learning relevant. I look forward to
reading more and finding out if they started implementing more engaging
strategies at their high schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment