|
Action Planning Template for Julie Nicholson EA 1300
|
||||
|
Goal/Outcome: In
what ways will implementing 6 common assessments over the course of the
2012-2013 School Year increase 3rd grade student performance by
the End of Year MAP test?
Below is the
process for monitoring the achievement of my goals and objectives
|
||||
|
Activities designed
to achieve the objectives:
|
Persons responsible
for implementation
|
Timeline for
completion or implementation
|
Resources and
research tools needed
|
Assessment
instrument to evaluate the effectiveness
|
|
Meet
with the principal to decide on my research project
|
Sarika
Pride, principal
Julie Nicholson
|
April
2012
|
List
of topics I created for the nine passions assignment
|
I
chose student performance
|
|
Help
the principal develop a survey to give to the teachers to establish the needs
for professional development for 2012-2013
|
Sarika
Pride, principal
Maureen
Yervasi, Asst. Principal
Julie
Nicholson
|
June
2012
|
Review
of survey questions used in the past
|
Survey
results
Completed
plan for professional development
|
|
Decide
on the ten core skills needed for all third graders to know by the end of the
year to be successful in fourth grade math
|
Administrators
Curriculum
Team
Team
Leaders
|
Late
July
Early
August
|
AMC
anywhere program reports
EOY
MAP data from 2nd grade
Teacher
input
|
A
complete list of the ten skills that third grade math students need to master
for continued success in fourth grade math curriculum
|
|
Create
the six common math assessments that will determine mastery of the selected
core math skills
|
Third
grade math teachers
Fourth
grade math teacher
Julie
Nicholson, curriculum
|
September
2012 - May 2013
|
Exam
View
EnVision
curriculum
3rd
grade math TEKS
|
The
finished and agreed upon assessments
|
|
Determine
if training is necessary for teaching to be successful in the intervention of
the core skills
|
Sarika
Pride, Principal
Victoria
Cole,
Instructional
Specialist
Julie
Nicholson, Curriculum
|
August
2012
|
Survey
results
|
The
professional development plan
|
|
Organize
instructional groupings and content to be taught based on our findings from each
of the math assessments
|
Third
grade math teachers
Julie
Nicholson,
Curriculum
|
September
2012 – April 2013
|
Assessment
scores
Master
schedule
|
Keep
a journal of our discussion meetings
|
|
Provide
intervention to the students
|
Third
grade teachers
Intervention
specialists
Title
I tutors
Paras
|
September
2012 – May 2013
|
|
Walk-throughs
by the principal during intervention
Anecdotal
notes
|
|
After
each assessment re-evaluate our tactics for working with the students and
discussing what is working, what is not
|
Third
grade team
Julie
Nicholson,
Curriculum
Sarika
Pride,
principal
|
Every
6 weeks after each assessment
|
Assessments
Assessment
results
|
Compile
the data in a graph to assess teacher effectiveness and accountability
Anecdotal
notes
|
|
Repeat
the common assessments throughout the year
|
Third
grade team
Julie
Nicholson,
curriculum
|
Every
6 weeks
|
Common
Assessments
|
Keeping
MAP RIT and PES Target Scores in mind
Common
Assessment Scores
|
|
Get
teacher feedback from how they felt the year went and how they view the
success of core skill identification and student mastery of the core skills
|
Third
grade team
Julie
Nicholson,
curriculum
|
End
of May – First of June 2013
|
Third
grade Teachers
Title
I tutors
Paras
|
Teacher
Interviews
Teacher
Reflections or
Surveys
|
|
Cupcake
Celebration
|
Third
grade team
Julie
Nicholson,
Curriculum
Sarika
Pride,
Principal
Maureen
Yervasi, Asst. Principal
Tutors/Paras
|
May
2013
After
the last MAP scores are reported and compared to the PES scores
|
cupcakes
|
Smiles,
happy teachers, and happy third grade students! J
|
Followers
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Week 4 Revised Action Research Plan
Here are my week 4 revisions I made after getting feedback from a couple of sources.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteI think you plan looks good. Overall it is well organized and I can follow what you are doing easily.
The one thing that seems out of place is step two: Help the principal develop a survey to give to the teachers to establish the needs for professional development for 2012-2013. Is this in relation to the core skills needed for 3rd graders? If not, I don't think it belongs in the plan.
The other thing I noticed is that you don't mention conclusions and recommendations at the end. I think you should include something about your findings and sharing the results.
I really like your cupcake celebration. Your third graders will feel like their efforts have been appreciated. That is a nice touch and in my opinion, shows that you are really focused on the kids and their feelings.
I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Nancy
Thank you, Nancy, for your thoughtful contributions!! I changed the survey activity to relate more to my researh goal. I will be posting it tomorrow after I get two things corrected from my supervisor. I sent her the revisions we came up with and she said she tweaked two little words, but then forgot to attach the template back to me. :)
DeleteI did think about the fact that I hadn't discussed how I was going to share my results when I was pouring over and over the template myself after I was convinced no one would reply.
Thank you again!!
You are welcome. In the past I was always convinced no one would look at my blog, so I know how you feel. Those of us in the Ed Tech group are starting to get a handle on things and we are getting better at making comments. This was the first time your group had to make a blog so I believe that once everyone gets used to checking in on the blogs and become more comfortable with commenting things will pick up.
ReplyDeleteI added every blog with a working link to my blog list that I follow. I have to go back and add the late comers now that Dr. Mason has continued to update the list. Every few days I try to check on some of the blogs. Sometimes I go down the list looking for recent posts and other times I choose randomly.
All the best.
Nancy