Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I made a few more changes... :)


Revised Action Planning for Julie Nicholson EA 1300 May 6, 2012
Goal/Outcome: Will implementing at least 2 math common assessments over the course of the 2012-2013 School Year help to increase 3rd grade student performance on the End of Year MAP test?

Below is the process for monitoring the achievement of my goals and objectives
Activities designed to achieve the objectives:
Persons responsible for implementation
Timeline for completion or implementation
Resources and research tools needed
Assessment instrument to evaluate the effectiveness
Meet with the principal to decide on my research project
Sarika Pride, principal

Julie Nicholson
April 2012
List of topics I created for the nine passions assignment
I chose student performance
Help the principal develop a survey to give to the teachers to establish the needs for professional development for 2012-2013
Sarika Pride, principal

Maureen Yervasi, Asst. Principal

Julie Nicholson
June 2012
Review of survey questions used in the past

Use electronic survey
Survey results

Completed plan for professional development
Decide on the ten core skills needed for all third graders to know by the end of the year to be prepared for fourth grade math
Administrators

Curriculum Team

Team Leaders
Late July
Early August
AMC anywhere program reports

EOY MAP data from 2nd grade

Teacher input
A complete list of the ten skills that third grade math students need to master for continued success in fourth grade math curriculum
Create at least two 3rd grade common math assessments that will determine mastery of the selected core math skills
Third grade math teachers

Julie Nicholson, curriculum
September 2012 - May 2013
Exam View

EnVision
curriculum

3rd grade math TEKS
The finished and agreed upon assessments
After each assessment re-evaluate our tactics for working with the students and discuss what worked, what did not
Third grade team

Julie Nicholson

Sarika Pride, principal
TBD: based on the date of the assessments
Assessments

Assessments results
Compile the data in a graph to assess teacher effectiveness and accountability
Anecdotal notes
Use data to determine next steps for training, if necessary, and organize instructional groups based on data
Sarika Pride, Principal

Victoria Cole,
Instructional Specialist

Julie Nicholson, Curriculum
Ongoing throughout the year
Common assessment results

Master schedule
Plans from the data meetings

Keep a journal of our data meetings
Provide intervention to the students
Third grade teachers
Intervention specialists
Title I tutors
September 2012 – May 2013

Walk-throughs by the principal during intervention

Anecdotal notes
Repeat the common assessments throughout the year
Third grade team

Julie Nicholson,
curriculum
Every 6 weeks
Common Assessments
Keeping MAP RIT and PES Target Scores in mind

Common Assessment Scores
Get teacher feedback about how they felt the year went and how they view the success of core skill identification and student mastery of the core skills
Third grade team

Julie Nicholson,
curriculum
End of May – First of June 2013
Third grade Teachers

Title I tutors


Teacher Interviews

Teacher Reflections or another
survey

Cupcake Celebration
Third grade team
Julie Nicholson
Sarika Pride
Tutors
After the last MAP scores are reported, compared to PES target scores, and % of growth is determined.
cupcakes
Smiles, happy teachers, and happy third grade students! J
Share the results
Third grade team

Julie Nicholson,
Curriculum

Throughout the year as time permits at faculty meetings or early release days
All data collected and compiled with a power point presentation
Use the CARE model in small groups with the faculty to sustain improvements


2 comments:

  1. I think you have developed a very worthwhile and well-drafted research plan. I can't think of any step that is lacking. You are very thorough in your plan and I can easily visualize the process after reading your plan. I am looking forward to following your research as this could easily be transferred to other grade levels and content areas. Good job and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I really like the CARE Model as well. I like that you included it. We really have been introduced to some great tools in this course.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete